McCook Business Park
MEDC established the McCook Business Park nearly 25 years ago, and it continues to play a pivotal role in shaping our community’s thriving business landscape.
Situated in the southeast section of McCook, Nebraska, this 40-acre commercial and industrial park has been instrumental in supporting a diverse range of industries.
Explore the opportunities it offers for your business today.
McCook Business Park - Current Area
Aerial View of Business Park
Close Up of Business Park
Welcome to the strategically located McCook Business Park in the heart of southeast McCook!
Our Business Park was meticulously designed with industrial development in mind, boasting a versatile mix of light and heavy industrial zoning options. We’ve made sure that essential utilities like water, sewer, electric, gas, communications, and broadband are readily available to meet your business needs. Plus, you’ll enjoy seamless connectivity with nearby rail and highway transportation for efficient logistics.
McCook Business Park - Phase II
Close Up of Business Park - Phase II
In 2023, MEDC joined forces with local property owners and the City of McCook to embark on a transformative Phase II expansion of our business park. As the existing space neared its capacity, we looked to the east, adding an impressive 35 acres to accommodate the growing demand. Our commitment to this expansion extends beyond acreage – we’re diligently working to enhance the park’s amenities by introducing new rail line access, city water, and comprehensive utility infrastructure to serve these additional sites.
This expanded park presents an exciting opportunity for fostering further economic growth in our community, offering expansive industrial and business lots primed for future development ventures. With the addition of crucial infrastructure like city streets and rail line access, the expanded park becomes an even more enticing prospect for industries and manufacturers seeking to establish a foothold in the region. The benefits of this expansion ripple beyond McCook, aiming to stimulate growth and prosperity in the surrounding areas.
But that’s not all – we’re not stopping at Phase II. We’re exploring the potential for a Phase III expansion that would bring an impressive 80 acres to the McCook business and industrial park. This would result in a grand total of over 120 acres dedicated to commercial and industrial development.The next we can title Amenities and Infrastructure.
Over the years, utility infrastructure and park access at the McCook Business Park has undergone significant improvements.
- Location: McCook Business Park in south city limits
- Size: 21-acres with multiple lots available in 75-acre business park
- Characteristics: Level; Hard silt loam; 2,494′ above sea level; water table varies from 25–60′ below ground; outside 100-year floodplain, 0% in wetlands
- Zoning: Industrial light & Industrial Heavy
- Protective Services: Fire insurance classification is 4, 1.5 miles to the McCook Fire Department with 9 full‑time and 24 volunteer firefighters; 24‑hour police protection provided by 16 full‑time officers
Utilities and Supporting Infrastructure
- Electricity: Nebraska Public Power District; 69 kV transmission voltage, 7.2 kV distribution voltage to site; 227/480 secondary voltage, dual feed available from one substation; service voltage and transformation will be provided based on customer needs
- Natural Gas: Black Hills Energy; 4″ gas main to site, 700 lbs. pressure, 1,000 Btu
- Water: City of McCook; 12″ gravity main, 70–80 lbs. static pressure, 5,500 gal. flow per minute, water system has maximum capacity of 6.8 mgd
- Sanitary Sewer: City of McCook; 12″ and 18″ gravity mains, on site; rotating biological contactors treatment plant with rated capacity of 1.75mgd; storm drainage system
Great Plains Communications; on-site Fiber, scalable high speed internet ranging from 10 mbps to 10 gbps; Managed Ethernet services with multiple fiber rings within the state. Also available Analog voice, PRI, SIP, VOIP, PBX Systems & Cable TV.
Century Link; digital central office on fiber ring located in McCook, 1.3 miles from site; ISDN and DSL available; dual service provided by two central offices
- Highways: U.S. Highway 83 adjacent to site; city also served by U.S. Highway 6 and 34; Interstate 80 is 70 miles north and Interstate 70 is 90 miles south; bus and Amtrak service available in McCook
- Railroads: BNSF Railway Company; manual switch and spur track
- Air Service: McCook Ben Nelson Municipal Airport; 2.2 miles northeast of site; two paved and lighted runways (6,000′ and 4,000′) Commercial Air Daily service to Denver, Colorado